Arrested while on Vacation in the US – What to do?

I was arrested while on vacation in the US, what should I do? This is a question that many people ask themselves when they are arrested. It can be difficult to know what steps to take after being arrested. In this blog post, we will give you some tips and advice about what to do if you find yourself arrested during your holiday trip in the United States!

What happens if I am arrested in the United States?

First of all, one thing to keep in mind is that if you are detained in the United States it does not mean that you are going to face prosecution as well. However, it can happen and there are many cases where people were detained but then faced charges in their home country.

This means that even though they may not have been arrested for anything serious or committed any crimes within U.S. borders, they now have an arrest record. They may have been arrested on suspicion of committing another crime that occurred outside the U.S. during their vacation trip, so be careful because your vacation could turn into a nightmare.

Is my arrest information shared?

Also, once someone has been arrested abroad by local law enforcement, this arrest information will most likely be shared with international law enforcement through Interpol. So if you don’t want to have an arrest record, read on!

If you are arrested in the United States, it is important that you hire a good lawyer as soon as possible after your arrest or before you are extradited to your home country. You will need someone who is locally based for these types of cases and who has experience with foreign laws, otherwise they will not be able to help you much.

Should I hire an international lawyer?

When arrested abroad, one thing that many people worry about is their personal safety, especially when facing drug or violence related charges, so finding a local criminal lawyer can be very helpful because they know how things work in the U.S. legal system and what has to happen next, legally speaking, once arrested abroad. Many attorneys specialize in international cases and can represent you if you are arrested abroad.

You should also make sure that your lawyer is someone who stays in contact and works 24 hours a day with the local authorities on your behalf, because this will ensure a quicker resolution of the legal proceedings against you compared to other options where it could even take years!

Lastly, we strongly recommend hiring an English speaking criminal lawyer, as most people arrested or facing charges abroad speak little or no English, which makes things difficult for them. So don’t wait any longer – contact us, avoid being extradited back home by making sure all initial steps are taken immediately upon arrest!

Latest posts

superior justice law firm logo

Contact Us For
a Consultation

1. Bilingual Lawyers



228 West C Street Ontario CA 91762

× How can I help you?