If you are looking for a criminal lawyer in California, it is important that you know what the work of these professionals is and how they can help you. In this article, we explain what criminal law consists of, what are the main areas of specialization of lawyers in this matter, and what cases they can handle.
What is criminal law?
Criminal law is the branch of law that deals with laws relating to crime and punishment. It focuses on the establishment of norms that prohibit certain behaviors considered harmful to society, as well as the establishment of sanctions for those who commit this type of act.
In California, criminal law covers a wide range of topics, from misdemeanors to serious crimes. Criminal law attorneys may specialize in one or more areas of this field of law, depending on your interests and skills.
What are the main areas of specialization of criminal lawyers?
Some of the main areas of specialization of criminal lawyers in California are:
– Misdemeanors: these attorneys represent clients accused of committing crimes considered minor, such as misdemeanors. They handle the defense both in court and at citation hearings.
– Serious crimes: these lawyers represent clients accused of committing crimes considered serious, such as homicide, robbery and sexual assault. They handle the defense both in court and at preliminary hearings.
– Registration violations: these attorneys represent clients who have been accused of violating registration laws, such as those related to the crime of gun possession or substance abuse.
– Immigration law violations: these attorneys represent clients who have been charged with violating immigration laws, such as the crime of entering the country illegally.
– Property crimes: these attorneys represent clients accused of committing property-related crimes, such as theft or vandalism.
What are the advantages of hiring a criminal lawyer?
There are many advantages that you can gain by hiring a criminal defense attorney to represent you. These attorneys are experienced in the field of criminal law and are familiar with the laws and procedures related to these types of cases. In addition, they will be able to advise you on how to handle your case and what to expect in court. They will also help you prepare for trial, if necessary.
What is the process for hiring a criminal attorney?
The first thing you should do is send all the information about your case to the criminal lawyer you have chosen. This includes any relevant documentation, such as the summons or indictment. It is also important that you provide a brief description of the facts of the case and the circumstances in which they occurred. Once the attorney has all the necessary information, they will contact you to schedule a free initial consultation. In this consultation, you will be able to discuss your case with the lawyer and decide if he is the right person to represent you.
What happens if you lose your case?
If you lose your case, you can be sentenced to a prison sentence or a fine. In some cases, you could also lose your right to vote or bear arms. Therefore, it is important that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney if you are being charged with a crime in California.
In summary, a criminal lawyer in California can help you if you have committed a crime. Criminal lawyers in California can represent you if you committed a misdemeanor, a felony, or if you violated registration or immigration laws. Our law firm has experienced criminal attorneys who can advise and represent you in court. If you are being accused of a crime, do not hesitate to contact us to schedule a free consultation with our team of attorneys.
Likewise, if you need a lawyer specializing in family cases, you can contact the Hispanic family law firm, which we are sure will help you with everything you need.