If you are a foreign citizen living in the United States, you may want to apply for a US permanent resident card. This article will tell you what it is, what its benefits are, and how to apply. Let’s get started!
What is the USA permanent resident card?
The USA permanent resident card, also known as a green card or Green Card, allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. It is proof of your legal immigrant status. Once you have a green card, you will be able to apply for a US passport and vote in certain elections.
What are the advantages of having a USA permanent resident card in the United States?
Having a USA permanent resident card has many benefits. With it, you will have:
– The right to live and work permanently in the United States
– The ability to apply for a US passport and to vote in certain elections
– Access to federal benefits and programs, such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
– The possibility of sponsoring your family members to obtain the green card
– The opportunity to become a US citizen, if you meet the requirements
What are the requirements to apply for the USA permanent resident card in the United States?
To apply for the USA Permanent Resident Card, you must be eligible in one of the categories listed below:
– Has been sponsored by a family member who is a US citizen or green card holder
– You have a job offer from a US company
– Flees persecution or violence in their home country
– The US government has granted you asylum or refugee status
– You have won the diversity visa lottery
What documents must be submitted to apply for the USA permanent resident card?
When you apply for the US Green Card, you will need to submit:
– A completed immigrant visa application form
– A passport-type photo
– Your birth certificate
– Your marriage or divorce certificate (if applicable)
– Military service card (if applicable)
What is the cost of the process and how long does it take to obtain the US green card?
The cost of the process varies depending on your category, but it usually costs between 700 and 1500 dollars. The entire process can take between six months and two years.
What to do if your application is denied?
If your application is denied, you can appeal the decision or reapply. It is recommended that you consult with an immigration attorney to increase your chances of success.
Why should you hire an immigration attorney?
Although it is not mandatory to have an immigration attorney, it is highly recommended. An experienced immigration attorney can help you navigate the often complex and confusing process of applying for a US permanent resident card. It can also provide you with invaluable guidance if your application is denied.
Applying for a permanent resident card USA can be a long and complicated process, but it is worth it for those who want to live and work in the United States permanently. If you have any questions about the process, be sure to consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
– If you are thinking of applying for a USA permanent resident card, it is highly recommended that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney
– It is important to have all the requirements and documents in order before starting the application process
– If your application is denied, you have the option to appeal the decision or reapply for the green card
– Please note that the entire process may take several months to complete, so please be patient and stay positive throughout the process
Likewise, if your case involves family members, it is important to have the help of an experienced family law attorney who can help you with the additional paperwork and requirements necessary to sponsor your family members for a Green Card.
Contact us today and get a FREE consultation.