What is permanent residence? If you are looking for permanent residence in the United States, or if you want to know how to obtain it, this is the article for you. In it we explain what permanent residence is, what are the requirements to obtain it and how to proceed. Don’t hesitate to read it!
Permanent residence is a permit granted by the United States government to live and work indefinitely in the country. With it, you will enjoy many benefits, such as access to education, social security and government aid programs.
To obtain it, you must meet a series of requirements, among which are:
– Have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
– Be an asylum seeker and have been in the country for at least one year.
– Have a job offered by an American employer.
– Having invested a certain amount of money in an American business.
– Have obtained permanent residence through the lottery.
Once you meet these requirements, you can apply for permanent residence through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). To do this, you must fill out a form and submit it along with the required documentation.
To apply for permanent residence you must present the following documents:
– Valid passport or certificate of citizenship.
– Birth certificate.
– Marriage certificate, if applicable.
– Divorce certificate, if applicable.
– Valid temporary residence or work permit.
– Green card, if applicable.
– Proof of family relationship, if applicable.
– Documents that prove that you meet the requirements to obtain permanent residence.
Where should I start the process for my permanent residence?
To start the process of permanent residence you must go to the local office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). There you can get more information about the process and the documents you need to present.
The costs to process permanent residence are:
– $85 for the application for Permanent Residence.
– $930 for the Green Card.
– $85 for the medical exam.
– Costs vary depending on the case.
How long do I have to wait to receive Permanent Residence in the United States obtain?
The length of time you must wait to receive Permanent Residence varies from case to case. In some cases, it can take several months or even years. However, in other cases, permanent residence can be granted immediately.
To process permanent residence you must go to the local office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). There you can get more information about the process and the documents you need to present. You can also contact an immigration attorney or an authorized representative to get help with the process.
How can an immigration lawyer help me in the process of permanent residence?
An immigration attorney can help you fill out the application form and gather the necessary documents. She will also be able to represent you at the Permanent Residence hearing, if necessary.
Can I lose permanent residence?
Permanent residence is not a permanent permit to live and work in the United States. You commit a serious crime or no longer meet the requirements to maintain permanent residence, you can lose it.
I lose Permanent Residency, can I reapply?
You lose permanent residence, you can apply again if you meet the requirements and follow the instructions of the USCIS.
What are the benefits of Permanent Residence?
Some of the benefits of permanent residence are:
– Be able to legally live and work in the United States.
– Access public benefits, such as education and health care.
– Apply for US citizenship after meeting the requirements.
– Bring your family to live with you in the United States.
– Travel freely outside the United States and return whenever you want.
If you plan to start the permanent residence process, contact us, one of our specialist lawyers will take care of your case, the consultation is completely free.